Thursday 8 February 2018

Doing 'Dab Dance' was fun: Being Naughty together: Asperger's Syndrome!!-

Wow!! Wow!! Wow!!

He made my day!! This lovely kid, 11 years old, Aspergers Syndrome is awesome. Ideally, I am his advisor as I help him refine his communication skills. We don’t use the word therapy as he is more comfortable that way. We used to meet once in a week from April 2017 to Dec 2017 and since January 2018, we are meeting twice a week now. He came in with a tight body language, flat face, no expressions at all, hard core facts, limited body space and movements etc. 

Play became my medium to enter his world. We engaged in lots of different play including juggling balls, dancing, listening to music, paper mashie, Lego, learning football stunts, clicking selfies, making boomerangs, doing experiments with mentors and coke, making toothpick towers, tattoos, making lamps, discussing about our new sunhouse cafe and it’s menu. And with every activity we explored together his life begin to open up. 

He is way more flexible now. He is open to trying new games and things. He has gained conviction in himself. He is happier and more expressive. His body language is comfortable and he expresses his desire to do new things.

He is happy clicking selfies now with interesting faces.

We did ‘DAB DANCE’ yesterday. He had come after playing a football match so he was sharing how they all cheered each other in the end. So when I said even I want to do it, he let me touch him, we dab danced together. He was being naughty yesterday.  He was teasing me, happy and laughing and running around so I am not able to take the irritating squeezy toy from him. I was more happy than irritated to see him open up, being his notorious self and the best part—- he narrated the change himself. I think for the first time I am being so notorious. I am loving it.

This pic is where I am hugging him from back and he is happy irritated. Yahoooooooooo!!!!!! 

#playissurvival #hurray #victory #selfie #naughty #kidlike #kidswithspecialneeds #specialneeds #apergers #ASD #spectrum #expandinglives #openingup #happyface #laughter #runningaround

No comments:

Post a Comment